You Can Have an Impact
In just a few hours a month, you can make a difference for someone who needs just a little help. Volunteers are integral to the seniors and adults with disabilities we serve at Independent Living, Inc. Numerous flexible volunteer opportunities are available with varying levels of time commitment. These includes:
- delivering an evening meal
- raking a yard
- spending one or two hours visiting
- assisting with simple household tasks
- helping someone care for their pet
- shoveling snow.
Check out details about these and other opportunities here.
Have a special skill or talent to share? Inquire about Volunteer by Design, which matches your interest with a specific need! With the time and talent you have to share, you will make a difference through our volunteer program.
We’re seeking volunteers with kind hearts and cars! Our Evening Meals on Wheels program has opportunities for you to volunteer as often as you wish. For more information, call the volunteer manager at 608.268.9641 today.
|Another volunteer, Bill Holman, was interviewed with Megan on an earlier program with Talking Fitchburg. He, too, enjoyed describing what volunteering has meant to him. Click on the photo to watch some of the interview!|
Check out what the Wolowik Family has to say about their volunteer experience!
Becoming a Volunteer:
- Set up a personal appointment with our Volunteer Services Manager to learn about our volunteer opportunities.
- Once you’ve met with staff or attended an orientation we ask that you complete a volunteer application. For the safety of both our clients and volunteers, we conduct criminal background checks on every volunteer candidate.
Thank You for Helping Independent Living, Inc. Serve Seniors in Dane County!