Late Summer 2018: A New Option in Senior Living!
1936 Tennyson Lane
Madison, WI 53704
Construction progress is visible in the Tennyson neighborhood in Madison. Taking shape is the four-story residence offering assisted living, and frail and memory care. For information, contact Independent Living, Inc. Call us at 608-274-7900 or write to us at Tennyson@independentlivinginc.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Tennyson Senior Living Community will be a wonderful place to call home! With its amenities and location, it will be a welcome addition to Madison’s north east side when it opens later in 2018. Tennyson is a much-needed choice for seniors who want to live in this neighborhood and enjoy the benefit of convenient services.
The campus will be built on an eight-acre parcel at 1936 Tennyson Lane, near Packers Avenue. The first phase of the campus will focus on constructing one multi-story wing and the community spaces.
A four-story residence will be constructed first.
- On the third and fourth floors will be 24 assisted living apartments.
- On the first and second floors will be 36 memory care and frail elder assisted living studios.
- Each studio will have a small kitchenette and private bath.
- Attached to the residence will be a building with beautiful community spaces.
- These include a welcoming main entry, living room, dining area with outdoor terrace, bakery/café, library/computer center, beauty salon, and offices. In the lower level will be an exciting feature of the property: a Health and Wellness Center with a warm-water therapy pool.
- Lining the front of the property along Tennyson Lane will be an orchard. It will be a perfect opportunity to experience an outdoor classroom with students from the nearby elementary school!
After the assisted living and memory care residence opens, construction will follow later on a five-story residence. It, too, will be attached to the community space. The five-story residence will have 75 independent apartments with private patios or balconies, individual heating and cooling, and in-unit washer and dryer. Choices will be one bedroom/one bath, two bedrooms/one bath and two bedroom/two bath apartments.
Tennyson Senior Living Community will be a great neighbor, bringing numerous opportunities to Madison’s north east side. Many educational and entertaining programs will be open to neighborhood residents and members of the greater community. The bakery/café will be a great new choice for breakfast and lunch.
One of the most exciting features of Tennyson Senior Living Community is the Health & Wellness Center.
- Located in the exposed lower level of the building with its own private entrance, the Health & Wellness Center will be open to the community and residents.
- Focused specifically on seniors, the Health & Wellness Center will have exercise rooms for tai chi, yoga and other classes for balance, flexibility, strength and cardiovascular (endurance) training.
- The signature feature in the fitness center is the unique warm water therapy pool with underwater treadmill. The pool features a safe “at grade” entry platform, which then lowers to a shallow depth. The floor of the pool is the treadmill.
Aquatic therapy has proven benefits. It is effective with arthritis, diabetic and peripheral neuropathy, lymphedema, chronic pain, post-operative orthopedic recovery and joint pain, to name a few. The inherent properties of warm water facilitate physical therapy, especially for those who may not be able to tolerate land-based exercises.
The Health & Wellness Center, the orchard and gardens, and the educational and entertaining programs are just a few of the opportunities that will contribute to the lifestyle waiting to be experienced at Tennyson Senior Living Community. Independent Living, Inc. is proud to bring this tremendous community asset to Madison’s north east side.
Independent Living is also pleased to bring many new jobs to Madison’s north east side through Tennyson Senior Living Community. Roles include community director, Health and Wellness Center manager, leasing manager, programs manager, chef and kitchen staff, registered nurse, certified nursing assistants, activities coordinator, wait staff/cashiers, maintenance and housekeeping staff, physical therapist, physical therapy assistants, instructors for yoga/tai chi and massage therapist.
For all inquiries, please contact Lorie Kenseth, Leasing Director, at 608-274-7900 or send email to Tennyson@independentlivinginc.org. Independent Living, Inc., is a charitable nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Tax-deductible contributions for Tennyson Senior Living Community are welcomed. Donor support will help keep this opportunity affordable for seniors. To join the growing list of prospective residents, or if a group of friends would like a private meeting to learn more about living at Tennyson Senior Living Community, please contact us.
We’re looking for compassionate people to fill a number of positions in our new Tennyson Senior Living Community.
- Resident Services Director
- Resident Caregivers
To inquire, please send a cover letter and resume to Tennyson@independentlivinginc.org. We look forward to hearing from you!