A rewarding career awaits you!
If you have strong caretaker instincts and skills, we would love to have you join us and work at our assisted living community, located at 602 North Segoe Road in Madison near the Hilldale Shopping Center. We currently have openings for 2nd and 3rd shifts with weekend rotations. Shift differential premiums are available.
For over 40 years, Independent Living, Inc. has been helping seniors and disabled adults with maintaining their independence.
- Provide personal care to residents according to their Individual Service Plan (CBRF) and Basic Service Agreement (RCAC). Personal care includes, but is not limited to, bathing, dressing, and toileting.
- Monitor and administer medications to residents according to regulations, procedures, and the schedule prescribed by consulting MD.
- Provide socialization and activity opportunities for residents.
- In cooperation with the food service department, assist with meal and snack preparation, with attention to special diets and clean-up responsibilities.
- Promote resident safety by assisting in fire drills and equipment checks and being attentive to household and weather conditions.
- Provide assistance with general housekeeping duties including cleaning, laundry, and general apartment upkeep.
- In cooperation with the housekeeping department, assist in keeping resident common areas clean, comfortable, and presentable at all times.
- Responsible for performing other duties as required or assigned.
- Compensation is based on experience.
- After a 90-day training period, benefits are available to full-time employees including health insurance, dental insurance, paid sick leave, paid vacation, paid holidays, retirement plan, and flexible benefit plan.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Wisconsin Registered CNA preferred
- Successful completion of the following Medical Management Classes required prior to hire or within 90 days of hire date (training time and tuition reimbursement available):
- Standard Precautions – must be completed before hire
- First Aid and Procedures to Prevent Choking
- Dietary Needs
- Medication Management
- Fire Safety
- Challenging Behaviors
- Resident Rights
- Client Group Served
- Minimum of 1 year prior work experience preferred
- Clean caregiver background check required
Start a rewarding career with us today.
Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Join our team and enjoy building your career with us!