Take the Guesswork out of Managing Medications
Medication management is a convenient service to help you stay on top of your medications. A licensed registered nurse (RN) comes to your home to privately assess, review and organize your medications in medication containers such as pill boxes. The RN will then visit regularly to oversee, organize and ensure medications are taken on schedule,* easing concerns and worry for you and your family.
For some, it can be difficult to remember what each medication is for, when it needs to be taken, or how it needs to be taken, such as with food or on an empty stomach. Our nurse will review medications with you, ensuring that you understand your prescriptions.
We can help by:
- Obtaining a complete list of medications from your doctor
- Educating you about the purpose of each prescription
- Bi-weekly and monthly medication management setups
- Checking for any expired medications
- Ensuring that medications are stored properly
- Ordering your medications
- Advocating for you on issues of prescription dosage, conflicting medication or an increase in side effects
- Contacting your family, doctor or case manager if there are changes in your mental or physical status.
Keeping track of your medications is important. A nurse who comes to your home can help you take charge of your medicines. Our nurses are coordinated through our In-Home Services department and Independent Health Care, our Medicare-certified home health care agency.
*If you would like to have reminder phone calls for medication, please see our Telephone Reassurance program.