A rewarding full-time opportunity awaits a compassionate person!
If you are someone who enjoys the satisfaction of leaving a place clean, neat and tidy, we have a wonderful full-time opportunity for you. Join us as a housekeeper for The Gardens Retirement Community, a community of elders near Hilldale Shopping Center. This senior community is managed by Independent Living, Inc., a non-profit organization serving seniors and adults with disabilities in their own homes and in senior living communities throughout Dane County.
Essential functions include:
- Housekeeping duties in the apartments of clients and residents twice a month
- Performing tasks including dusting, mopping, vacuuming, sweeping, disinfecting, laundry, defrosting and cleaning freezers and refrigerators, and cleaning ranges and ovens
- Notifying clients and residents of any changes in scheduling at least 24 hours in advance
- Following all required safety standards
- Completing and submitting all required documentation / paperwork
- Observing clients and residents and reporting emotional or physical changes–including injuries–to supervisor
- Reporting observed property damage or personal injury in a client’s residence or apartment
- Establishing and maintaining good communication and positive relationships with the clients and residents
- Maintaining a professional relationship with the clients including the avoidance of discussion of personal problems or negative feelings
- Maintaining the dignity and confidentiality of the clients, including HIPPA compliance
- All other duties as assigned
- This role reports to the The Gardens Residence Director
- Full-time, Hourly, 40 hours per week Monday through Friday
- Full-time employees are eligible for health insurance (employer/employee contribution), sick pay, paid vacation, paid holidays, retirement plan participation and flexible benefit plan (subject to plan waiting periods and eligibility criteria)
- High school diploma or equivalency diploma preferred
- Prior experience working with a paid house cleaning service is preferred
- Experience working with seniors or disabled adults in a service capacity is helpful
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to clearly and effectively provide written and verbal communication to clients, residents, management and facility staff
- Possess positive demeanor and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to read and understand cleaning product labels and instructions and follow SDS procedures
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and greater with assistance
Start a rewarding career with us today.
Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Join our team and enjoy building your career with us!