Are you looking to use your culinary skills to make a difference? Does working in a brand-new kitchen appeal to you? If so, consider being a Lead Cook at our new senior living community on Madison’s northeast side. Your primary role would be to prepare delicious meals for our residents and for clients of Evening Meals on Wheels. Your schedule would be between the hours of 8am and 7pm with weekend and holiday rotations. No late nights! This is a full-time, hourly position with a starting wage of $16 to $19. Benefits include: paid time off, health, dental, life, flex, and 403b.
- Assist in the preparation of menus, recipes, and supply orders.
- Follow recipes in the preparation of meals.
- Prepare and monitor plating and packaging.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work area.
- Follow OSHA standards.
- Six months’ professional experience preparing nutritional cafeteria style meals
- Food Safety Manager Certification
Duties may be performed at any of our communities, public spaces or outdoors.
Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer