A rewarding career awaits you!
In collaboration with our kitchen team, the Sous Chef will plan, prepare, cook/bake, and serve nutritious meals to our senior community residents and clients of Evening Meals on Wheels. The Sous Chef will ensure that the highest quality of food is served to our clients by following all safety, sanitation, and infection control procedures. This is an hourly, non-exempt, full-time position with a wage range of $14.00 to $16.00 per hour. Hours are between 8am and 7pm. Must be available to work every other weekend.
- Follow meal plan recipes, with attention to special dietary needs.
- Assist in the preparation and packaging of meals.
- Provide exceptional customer service when serving meals to residents.
- Clean kitchen equipment and kitchen space in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Follow proper procedures for storage and/or reuse of leftovers.
- Achieve and maintain proper food temperatures.
- Responsible for clean-up of kitchen, serving kitchen and dining area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Benefits include: health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, paid holidays, and retirement plan participation.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience: Experience in kitchen setting required. Must have experience with meal preparation for special diets.
- Certification: Completion of Food Handler Training Course.
The position will involve physical activities normally associated with a kitchen environment, including but not limited to: standing for extended periods of time, moving about, using various industrial kitchen appliances. Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs.
The employee will work in an industrial/commercial kitchen setting with various temperature extremes, both hot and cold, with exposure to ovens, walk in coolers, sanitizers and kitchen equipment with noise levels low to moderate.
Enjoy building your career with us.
Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer