A rewarding career awaits you!
If you have strong caretaker instincts and enjoy taking part in something new, consider joining our team. This fall we will be opening Tennyson Senior Living Community. We are looking to staff our new community with exceptional Resident Assistant (RA)s and Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)s. The purpose of this role is to provide quality customer service insuring residents are cared for with respect, dignity, and compassion. Currently, we have part-time and full-time openings for all shifts. The RAs/CNAs must be available to work pre-scheduled, eight-hour shifts (7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, or 11pm-7am, including holidays and weekends) and must be willing to pick up shifts if other staff members are unexpectedly unavailable. This is an hourly, non-exempt position with a starting wage of $12 per hour. Additional compensation for overnight, weekends, and medication passing responsibilities. Training reimbursement available.
- Provide cares to residents, exercising awareness of their personal needs and behaviors, according to their Individual Service Plan or Basic Service Agreement.
- Administer medications to residents within regulatory guidelines.
- Monitor residents’ physical and emotional needs.
- Facilitate socialization and activity opportunities for residents.
- Ensure that residents’ home as well as common areas are clean, comfortable, and presentable.
- Assist with meal and snack preparation.
- Promote resident safety by assisting in fire drills and equipment checks. Remain attentive to household and weather conditions.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and in-service sessions.
- Work both independently and with a team.
- Perform all other duties as required or assigned.
- Benefits are prorated based on the number of hours worked. Benefits include: health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, 403b, paid vacation time, paid sick time, and paid holidays.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience: Six months’ documented experience working with vulnerable adults, age 55 or better.
- Certification: Standard Precautions Certification is required. All other CBRF certifications must be completed within 30 days of hire
Enjoy building your career with us.
Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer