A rewarding career awaits you!
Independent Living, Inc. offers a multitude of services that create choices for seniors and adults with disabilities. Based in Madison and primarily servicing Dane County, we are a not for profit organization providing personal care, senior communities, Evening Meals on Wheels, home modification and many other services allowing our clients to experience the independence they desire, with the support that they need.
The primary function of the Office and Program Assistant is to provide exceptional customer service and administrative support to departments throughout the agency. The hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. This is an hourly, non-exempt position with a wage range of $15-$18 per hour. For best consideration, please apply by October 31st.
Essential functions include:
- Serve as first point of contact, including answering phones, greeting guests, residents, and staff in a manner that promotes a professional and positive image of the organization.
- Provide administrative support that may include event planning, community tours, volunteer coordination, etc.
- Coordinate care needs with appropriate supervisor.
- Monitor, evaluate and coordinate repairs of building systems and office equipment.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Customer Care Experience
Eligible for health insurance insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, retirement plan participation, paid vacation time, paid sick time, and paid holidays.
The employee is required to sit, walk or stand for long periods; operate standard office and/or household equipment; provide cares requiring kneeling, bending and reaching; ability to lift 35 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally; and ability to move quickly in an emergency.
Enjoy building your career with us.
Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.Apply Now