A rewarding career awaits you!
If you enjoy working in a scratch kitchen and making nutritious and fresh meals for large groups of people, consider joining our team at Independent Living. As a Kitchen Assistant – Baker, you will have a rewarding job that meets the needs of seniors and clients of Evening Meals on Wheels. Our Food Services Director operates the kitchen in a family-like atmosphere. Hours are first shift, Monday through Friday, leaving time for a healthy work-life balance.
The Kitchen Assistant – Baker will work out of The Gardens Retirement Community, located at 602 North Segoe Road.
- Baking desserts for residents and clients of Evening Meals on Wheels.
- Ensuring proper production and accuracy of desserts for clients with special dietary needs.
- Assisting with the preparation and packaging of meals for Evening Meals on Wheels.
- Assisting with the upkeep and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Assisting in the serving kitchen and dining room as needed.
- Adhering to all safety, infection control, and food handling regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Full-time employees are eligible for health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, and retirement plan participation
- This position will sometimes involve the sanitation of a commercial kitchen environment including but not limited to lifting of up to 50 pounds, standing and being on one’s feet for extended periods of time, and using various industrial kitchen appliances
- Serv/Safe Certification can be made available within 12 months of hire
- While having experience is a plus, attitude is most important
- High school diploma preferred
- Prior baking experience preferred
- Experience working with seniors or disabled adults in a service capacity is helpful
Enjoy building your career with us.
Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer