If you are passionate about working with people, consider joining our team at Independent Living, Inc.. We are a local nonprofit that supports seniors and adults with disabilities as they maintain their independence. We have a dedicated team of 100 employees, soon to be 140 employees with the opening of our new senior living community this fall. We are looking for an experienced individual who can oversee HR operations for our agency. The Human Resources Director will be responsible for the ongoing development of an exceptional and inclusive workforce, while working to maintain a positive and constructive work environment. In collaboration with our Leadership Team, the Human Resources Director will develop strategies to support the organization’s staffing needs.
Essential functions include:
- Train and coach managers in supervisory functions, conflict management and agency policies.
- Work with Human Resources Assistant to develop recruitment and retention strategies.
- Coordinate employee training programs.
- Ensure that compensation is competitive and equitable.
- Recommend and develop policies in accordance with company goals and legal guidelines.
- Coordinate employee relation and recognition initiatives.
- Maintain all job descriptions.
- Administer employee benefits.
- Lead the implementation of performance management procedures. Assist with disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Serve as the Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer for the agency. Responsible for processing Unemployment Insurance (UI) and Workers Compensation (WC) claims. Responsible for processing FMLA.
- Maintain high standards of compliance.
- Supervise the Human Resources Assistant and Executive Assistant.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Full-time, salaried, exempt
- Full-time employees are eligible for health insurance (employer/employee contribution), sick pay, paid vacation, paid holidays, retirement plan participation and flexible benefit plan (subject to plan waiting periods and eligibility criteria)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Five or more years progressive experience in Human Resources.
- Knowledge of training, coaching, and managing conflict in the workplace. Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws.
- Experience using employee database software and applicant tracking systems.
Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Join our team and enjoy building your career with us!