A rewarding career awaits you!
If you enjoy making a difference in the workplace, consider joining our team! Independent Living, Inc. is seeking an experienced individual who can oversee our Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for recruitment and retention strategies, employee relations, compensation, benefits administration, and regulatory compliance. Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus.
Independent Living, Inc. is a local non-profit in Madison, WI that helps older and disabled adults with maintaining their independence and dignity.
Essential functions include:
- Work directly with program managers to determine departmental needs.
- Coach managers on skills related to supervisory functions and agency policies. Develop and provide employee training, orientation, and in-services.
- Ensure that compensation programs are competitive and equitable. Conduct compensation surveys and develop salary structure.
- Update and maintain policies in accordance with legal guidelines. Ensure that employee records comply with company practices and legal requirements.
- Act as the Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer for the agency. Responsible for processing and follow through of Unemployment Insurance (UI) and Workers Compensation (WC) claims.
- Maintain all job descriptions.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation related to performance, attendance and other problematic behaviors. Serve as a sounding board for corrective actions and assist with disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Promote employee relation and recognition initiatives.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or required
- Full-time, salaried, exempt
- Full-time employees are eligible for health insurance (employer/employee contribution), sick pay, paid vacation, paid holidays, retirement plan participation and flexible benefit plan (subject to plan waiting periods and eligibility criteria)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Five or more years progressive experience in Human Resources.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Interpersonal and training skills.
- Experience with software applications including word processing and HRIS.
Start a rewarding career with us today.
Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Join our team and enjoy building your career with us!