A rewarding career awaits you!
If you are looking for a meaningful part-time opportunity, consider joining our team as Home Modifications Assistant. We are looking for an individual who can perform home safety and accessibility assessments for clients seeking to maintain independence in their homes. The hours will be up to 20 per week. The HMA will work out of our corporate office located at 2970 Chapel Valley Road, Suite 203 in Madison.
Essential functions include:
- Perform assessments to recommend the appropriate modifications to support independent living. Provide accurate information and measurements to ensure appropriate installation of equipment and custom work.
- Process telephone inquiries to the Home Modifications Department. Contact clients to assess needs and schedule appointments for home safety visits.
- Consult with partner / referral agencies regarding creative modifications to meet unique client needs.
- Instruct caregivers and clients in the use of adaptive equipment upon request.
- Collect and complete grant eligibility documentation and payments from clients to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Market the Home Modifications department and bring new funding opportunities to the department.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- The HMA is eligible to receive: Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid Holidays, and 403b enrollment
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Experience working with seniors or disabled adults is helpful
- Graduate of a relevant therapy/health care program or carpentry credentials desired.
- Knowledge of basic home modification design and construction principals, durable medical equipment and/or adaptive equipment, and aging in place principles recommended
To apply, please complete our Application and submit a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Join our team and enjoy building your career with us!