Are you looking for a rewarding and flexible career opportunity?
Consider joining our team as a Home Health Aide. We are seeking several caring and compassionate individuals to help our clients with maintaining their independence, health, and quality of living. Currently we have part-time and full-time openings with flexible hours in the mornings, afternoons, and evenings. Independent Living, Inc. is a non-profit organization serving seniors and adults with disabilities in their own homes and in senior living communities throughout Dane County.
Essential functions include:
- Providing personal care to clients including transfers, dressing, bathing, oral hygiene, and performing range of motion exercises.
- Providing companionship.
- Assisting with cooking and meal preparation, laundry, and light housekeeping. Light housekeeping includes sweeping, mopping, dusting, changing bed linens, and more.
- Run errands, such as grocery shopping, for clients.
- Providing support and encouragement to the client and their family members.
- Observing any changes in the client’s condition– both physical and emotional–and reporting changes to the In-Home Services Manager as they occur.
- Completing and submitting necessary records.
- Attending in-service meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Providing other services as assigned.
- Compensation is based on education/experience.
- Shift differential of $1.00 per hour for weekend and holiday work.
- Travel time between client’s homes is compensated.
- After a 90-day training period, employees averaging 30 or more hours per week are eligible for health insurance (employer/employee contribution), sick pay, paid vacation, paid holidays, retirement plan participation and flexible benefit plan (subject to plan waiting periods and eligibility criteria)
- Independent Living, Inc. will train you!
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license
- Proof of auto insurance
- GED or high school diploma
- Experience working with seniors or disabled adults in a service capacity
- Certified Nursing Assistant certification preferred, but not required
Start a rewarding career with us today.
Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Join our team and enjoy building your career with us!