A rewarding career awaits you!
If you are looking to make a difference at a mission-oriented organization, consider joining our team. We are seeking two Fitness/Wellness Specialists (one Part-time and one Full-time) who will be responsible for the planning, design, delivery, and implementation of a physical fitness program for our residents. The positions will work out of Tennyson Senior Living Community (opening this fall), located at 1936 Tennyson Lane.
- Together with the Director of Health & Wellness, create and implement wellness and fitness programs.
- Assist in leading group physical fitness and aquatic classes, orientation, programs, and promotions.
- Promote customer service and hospitality.
- Maintain records of activities including resident participation, events and feedback.
- Assist with maintenance and inventory of wellness facility and related equipment.
- Full-time, Part-time, Hourly
- Benefits are prorated based on hours worked. Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, and retirement plan participation.
- Associate or higher degree in recreation, kinesiology or related field.
- Group Fitness or Personal Trainer certified (preferred).
- Experience working in a fitness environment.
- Knowledge of fitness programming for special populations.
Physical requirements to include the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and exert up to 40 lbs. of force to push, pull, lift, and otherwise move objects.
Enjoy building your career with us.
Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer