A rewarding career awaits you!
If you enjoy making a difference and helping others, consider joining our Evening Meals on Wheels team! We are seeking a dedicated individual who can provide ongoing support and backup to our Evening Meals on Wheels Manager on a part-time basis. Having a clerical background and experience working with the elderly are a plus. Preferred days are Monday, Thursday, and Friday, though we are willing to work around your availability. The Meals on Wheels Assistant will work out of The Gardens Retirement Community located on Segoe Road, near the Hilldale Shopping Center.
Evening Meals on Wheels is a program of Independent Living, Inc., a local non-profit that helps older and disabled adults with maintaining their independence and dignity.
Essential functions include:
- Provide backup to the Evening Meals on Wheels Manager as needed.
- Responsible for client correspondence when it comes to meal orders and cancellations. Answer the phone and enter orders into our Seniors Express database.
- Responsible for sending email reminders to volunteers and scheduling volunteer drivers. Combine route cards and corresponding route maps for volunteers.
- Accurately pack meals with the paid driving team. This requires an eye for detail while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist with cleaning insulated meals bags and assembling them.
- Perform general office work including filing confidential information, shredding sensitive documents, organizing, etc.
- Occasional route delivery is possible, using one of our Meals on Wheels vehicles.
- Hours will average 14-16 per week with additional hours when the Evening Meals on Wheels Manager needs a backup.
- Part-time employees are eligible for paid vacation and sick leave after a 90-day training period
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Experience working with seniors or disabled adults in a service capacity is helpful
- Solid understanding of databases and word processing software is preferred
- High school diploma
- Valid Driver’s License
Start a rewarding career with us today.
Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Join our team and enjoy building your career with us!