A rewarding career awaits you!
We are looking to hire an exceptional individual who can provide pleasant, safe, and professional transportation services to seniors and adults with disabilities. Occasionally, the Driver will be required to provide transportation for special events. This is a part-time, hourly position. The schedule is 8 -10 hours per week generally Monday through Friday between 8:00am – 5:00pm. Starting wage is $12.00/hr.
- Transport clients of Independent Living, Inc. in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Responsible for operating the company vehicle and maintaining its upkeep.
- Maintain records pertaining to trips and vehicle inspections.
- Collect transportation fees as needed.
- Perform duties in accordance with company policies, goals, and objectives.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or required.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Previous experience operating a large vehicle.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations is a plus.
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License
- Favorable driving record
- Personal automobile liability coverage
Skills & Knowledge
- Familiarity with vehicle operation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
Ability to carry 20 lbs for a distance of up to 200 feet.
Exposure to various weather conditions while transporting passengers.
The job qualifications, physical requirements, and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Enjoy building your career with us.
Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law, are strongly encouraged to apply.