A rewarding career awaits you!
Independent Living, Inc. (ILI) is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to provide leadership, strategic direction and vision for the development and achievement of the organization’s mission in partnership with the Board of Directors. S/he is responsible for securing and directing the financial and human resources for the corporation and its subsidiaries and ensuring the programmatic development of the organization. The CEO also serves as President/CEO of the various affiliate companies and reports to the ILI Board of Directors.
Our mission is to support seniors and disabled adults manage their independence by providing a variety of care services, skilled home health care and housing options to maintain health and well-being.
Essential functions include:
- Recommends development and execution of corporate policies to the ILI Board of Directors.
- Oversees the human resources functions and ensures adequate staffing, compensation, evaluation and recognition.
- Continuously evaluates the Agency organization structure and ensures it is designed to function in an effective manner.
- Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs and services.
- Ensures that program goals, objectives, budgets and work plans are consistent with corporate mission.
- Ensures that the Agency operates according to federal, state and local laws and funding source requirements.
- Develops and maintains quality working relationships with private sector leaders, public and elected officials, funding sources and clients.
- Develops sound business plans for all programs and housing services
- Reports regularly to Board of Directors on all facets of Agency operations, including development of annual budget and strategic initiatives requiring Board approval
- Is actively involved with fund raising efforts as the corporate face of ILI including meeting with donors, presentations to large foundations and other funding entities and establishes a strong community presence
- Over 200 housing units, with an additional 135 units added by 2019
- 380 volunteers donating 16,000 hours
- 36,000 meals served in a year’s time to seniors
- 200 clients receiving home care services and respite
- Nearly 400 residences modified for home safety
- Transportation services at all communities
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree required, preferably in Public Health, Human Services, Business Administration or Marketing
- Demonstrated sense of vision for the mission of the organization
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of state and local government operations, including the various legislative and regulatory requirements
- Strong working knowledge of Home Health Care, Long Term Care and Senior Housing industries to include accounting and finance as they relate to the fiscal and financial obligations of the organization
- Knowledge of the principles of volunteer management, program administration and strategic planning
Join our team and enjoy building your career with us!
Independent Living, Inc. is a local, non-profit, multi-service agency assisting seniors and adults with disabilities. Established in 1973, ILI offers comprehensive in-home services including Evening Meals on Wheels; Medicare-certified home health care, and retirement communities in Madison, Fitchburg and Sun Prairie, WI. For more information, see www.IndependentLivingInc.org.
Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.
Please direct resumes, cover letter with salary requirements to: HR@IndependentLivingInc.org