A rewarding career awaits you!
If you are looking for a meaningful part-time opportunity, consider joining our Home Modifications team as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA). We are looking for an individual who can perform home safety and accessibility assessments for clients seeking to maintain independence in their homes. Preferred days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday up to 18 hours per week, though we are willing to work around your availability. The COTA will work out of our corporate office located at 2970 Chapel Valley Road, Suite 203 in Madison.
Essential functions include:
- Perform assessments to recommend the appropriate modifications to support independent living. Provide accurate information and measurements to ensure appropriate installation of equipment and custom work.
- Process telephone inquiries to the Home Modifications Department. Contact clients to assess needs and schedule appointments for home safety visits.
- Consult with partner / referral agencies regarding creative modifications to meet unique client needs.
- Instruct caregivers and clients in the use of adaptive equipment upon request.
- Collect and complete grant eligibility documentation and payments from clients to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Experience working with seniors or disabled adults is helpful
- Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy Assistant Program, and have successfully completed the required fieldwork and passed the certification exam for Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Knowledge of basic home modification design and construction principals, durable medical equipment and/or adaptive equipment, and aging in place principles recommended
To apply, please complete our Application and submit a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Join our team and enjoy building your career with us!