A rewarding career awaits you!
Looking for a flexible job where you can put your carpentry skills to use? Consider joining our Home Modifications team. We are seeking a Carpenter who will be responsible for making alterations and installing equipment to ensure that clients can perform daily activities as independently as possible. This is a part-time (casual), hourly position with a wage range of $18 to $21. Hours are 8 to 20 per week. Prior experience working with an older adult population is a plus! For best consideration, apply by October 31st.
Essential functions include:
- Responsible for: building wheelchair ramps, mounting handrails, and installing durable equipment. Ensure that modifications are made in compliance with building standards and other safety regulations.
- Provide superior customer service and maintain a positive rapport with customers.
- Collaborate with the Home Modifications team daily to review completed work, submit documentation, and discuss new client referrals.
- Obtain supplies, submit invoices, and collect fees at the time of service. Provide accurate documentation when determining the cost of labor and materials and developing written bids.
- Attend staff meetings and continuing education opportunities to keep industry knowledge current.
- Maintain tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Participate in marketing opportunities as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience: At least one year’s experience in carpentry field. Experience using hand tools is required.
- Licensure: Wisconsin Carpentry License is required. Must have a valid driver’s license and a favorable motor vehicle record.
Must be able to apply pressure to hold tools, electrical drills, and saws. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 50 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Enjoy building your career with us.
Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.